Connecting patients to health care through technology
What is telehealth?
Telehealth refers to the use of communications and information technology to deliver health and health care services and information over large and small distances. It is about transmitting voice, data, images and information rather than moving patients, health practitioners or educators.
What are the benefits?
Using telehealth, patients can see and talk to a health care provider over a secure and private network to make appropriate and timely health care decisions.
Telehealth offers many benefits to patients and families, as well as healthcare professionals. Benefits include:
- Decreased patient transport
- Reduced waiting time for a visiting specialist
- Easier and more timely access to expert advice and clinical expertise
- Improved community skills and knowledge through on-site education and training
- Reduced isolation of remote communities
Is there a cost?
Typically there is no cost to the patient for this service.
How do I access this service?
Access is often obtained through a physician referral. Find out where telehealth services are available.
Contact us to learn more about telehealth in Interior Health.