Eligibility for Residential Care
Decrease FontIncrease FontPrintPrint

A case manager will help you access care and support services

The first step to enter a publicly-subsidized residential care facility is for you to have a health care needs assessment completed by one of our Home Health and Community Care Case Managers.

To be eligible for publicly subsidized residential care you must: 

  • Have a health care need that requires 24-hour nursing and personal care
  • Be a citizen of Canada or have permanent resident status *
  • Be 19 years of age or older
  • Have lived in B.C. for ninety (90) days or longer
  • Agree to the assessment process, including the release of financial information
  • Have tried all of the avenues available for receiving care at home

* Be a landed immigrant or are on a Minister's permit approved by the Ministry of Health Services.

For information on exceptions to eligibility criteria, contact your local Home Health and Community Care Office.


MoH     PCQO