All pregnant women are encouraged to contact Healthy From The Start and sign up with our confidential e-form as early in your pregnancy as possible.
Here are some tips for a healthy pregnancy and baby:
- It is important to know which vaccines you need before, during, and after pregnancy.
- Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, vaping, second hand smoke, recreational drugs and substances. Learn more about substance use in pregnancy.
- Did you know that the use of cannabis may be harmful to your baby?
- Eat a balanced diet of healthy foods
- Take care of your teeth & gums and see your dentist for a check up
- Be physically active
- Learn about pelvic health in pregnancy and postpartum
- Safety for the Perinatal Population During Extreme Heat
- Understand the emotional changes during pregnancy
- Have a good support system
- Learn about the prenatal services available to you in your community
- Choose a Health Care Provider that you trust and can talk to. Click on the Information about midwives and doulas text below for more information.