Your milk is the only food that your baby needs for the first six months. It is recommended that breastfeeding continue for 2 years or more, with the addition of a variety of age-appropriate food starting at 6 months of age.
While breastfeeding is natural, it is not always easy and can take time, patience and support.
- Importance of Breastfeeding and 10 Great Reasons to Breastfeed
- Read Breastfeeding: Learning the basics and 10 Valuable Tips for Successful Breastfeeding
- Watch a video on breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding and Skin-to-Skin Contact
- Doing Skin-to-Skin Safely
- Comfortable Breastfeeding Positions and Helpful Hints
- Tips for Breastfeeding Twins
- Indigenous Breastfeeding Wellness Teachings
- Breastfeeding Booklet for Indigenous Families