Diabetes Services teams
Interior Health’s Diabetes Services teams work in partnership with patients, their primary care providers and Primary Care Networks, and specialist physicians to assist patients with understanding and managing their diabetes and related treatments. We apply a team-based care approach to provide consultation or ongoing diabetes management for the following diabetes populations:
- Diabetes in pregnancy (pre-existing diabetes or gestational diabetes)
- Adults living with Type 1 diabetes
- Infants, children and youth living with diabetes
- Young adults living with diabetes who are transitioning to adulthood
- Adults living with Type 2 diabetes who have difficulty reaching recommended targets and/or who require additional diabetes self-management support.