Billing & Accounts Receivable
Learn how to make a payment for a service or program we provide billing services for.
Payments may be made by the following methods (please reference your patient ID or account number, listed on your invoice or statement):
- Internet and online banking: Only bills, statements and letters that provide a routing number can be paid online using a credit card or a Visa/Mastercard debit card. To pay using this method, click below.
**Please note that online banking is not available at this time.
- Cheque: Payments by cheque can be mailed directly to Accounts Receivable at the address in Contact Us below. Please reference your patient ID or account number on the cheque, or enclose the stub from the statement.
- Credit card: Contact us at the numbers in Contact Us below to arrange a credit card payment.
- Cash and debit: Will be accepted at most facilities, hospitals and health centres.
- Wire transfer: Please contact the central office for banking details if you wish to pay by wire transfer. You will be asked to reference your patient ID or account number.
- Pre-authorized payments: Pre-authorized payments may be arranged for Long-term Care, Home Support, Lifeline, Meals on Wheels and Adult Day Service accounts. Please complete the pre-authorized payment form and mail into the central office address in Contact Us below. Please reference the Patient ID or account number.
- Out-of-country patients: Please contact the central office for wire transfer payment information. View the current USD $ conversion rate at the Bank of Canada.
The Billing and Accounts Receivable central office is located at:
#200 - 235 Lansdowne St
Before You Contact Us
- Do not send your personal health information by email. The internet is not a secure communications channel and any personal information you include about yourself may be intercepted and viewed during transfer. To reduce the risk to your privacy, do not include sensitive personal medical information.
- If you have a patient complaint or compliment, please contact the Patient Care Quality Office
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Pacific Time (closed Canadian statutory holidays)
Receive news and alert posts, and Stories@IH blog posts, right to your inbox!