MOCAP & Call Back Payment
Learn about the policies and procedures that support the Medical On-Call Availability Program and call back payments
Call back payments
Call back payments provide compensation for circumstances where a physician is not on-call but is called in by the Health Authority to provide a service, provided that the call back criteria under the Physician Master Agreement are met.
All physicians who anticipate providing call back or initiating a call back, including surgical assist services, should familiarize themselves with the criteria and process for submitting a claim as detailed in the Physician Master Agreement.
To qualify for call back, there are a number of key criteria that must be met as part of the process, including:
- Treatment is required on an emergency basis.
- At the time of call back, the physician is not already on site, on shift or on call.
- The physician goes into a hospital (or other designated facility) to treat the patient within three (3) hours of being called.
- The patient is a third party or ‘orphaned’ patient (i.e. is not already a patient of the physician or the physician’s call group).
The process for call back reimbursement is as follows:
- Physician completes a Call Back Invoice and Verification Form detailing the call back (page 1) and ensures that they collect a verification form (page 2) detailing the request from the physician or hospital staff member who initiated the call back request.
- The physician forwards both forms together to their designated Interior Health Senior Medical Director for review and approval.
- Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the call.
- Once approved, the Senior Medical Director forwards both forms to IH Physician Compensation for payment.
Receive news and alert posts, and Stories@IH blog posts, right to your inbox!