Is a referral required?
Yes. Referral by Case Manager at a Home and Community Care office.
Are there eligibility restrictions?
Yes. To be eligible for publicly subsidized residential care you must:
- Have a health care need that requires 24-hour nursing and personal care
- Be a citizen of Canada or have permanent resident status *
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Have lived in B.C. for ninety (90) days or longer
- Agree to the assessment process, including the release of financial information
- Have tried all of the avenues available for receiving care at home
* Be a landed immigrant or are on a Minister's permit approved by the Ministry of Health Services.
Is there a cost?