Complaints and Investigations
Decrease FontIncrease FontPrintPrint

Do you have concerns about your drinking water?

Step 1: Contact Your Water Supplier

If you are connected to a community water system contact your water supplier to register your concern or complaint. In many cases, it will be possible to resolve the issue at this point. If your discussion with the water supplier has not produced a satisfactory result, please move on to step two.

Step 2: Contact Interior Health’s Drinking Water Program

Contact a Health Protection Office and ask for the Environmental Health Officer.

How do I request an investigation?

If you believe that there is a threat to a drinking water supply, you may request an investigation into the matter. All investigation requests must be in writing using the Public Complaint Report form and must include specifics of the alleged threat. An Environmental Health Officer will review the request and consider whether an investigation is warranted. 

A person(s) who submits an investigation request to an Environmental Health Officer will be informed in writing:

  • whether an investigation has or will be undertaken
  • of the results of any investigation undertaken



MoH     PCQO