Residential Care Facilities
Decrease FontIncrease FontPrintPrint

A Community Care facility licence is required for all programs and facilities providing care to three or more persons who are not related to the operator by blood or marriage, unless designated under the Hospital Act*.

Types of residential care  

  • Hospice
  • Long-term care
  • Mental health and substance use
  • Acquired injury
  • Community living
  • Child and youth
  • Hospital Act  

Health Protection conducts surveys to monitor for risk to health and safety within sites providing care and designated under the Hospital Act.

Applying for a licence?

Visit our applying for a licence section for more information.

MoH     PCQO