Discover the benefits & incentives
There are many benefits to joining Interior Health as a nurse practitioner (NP). Interior Health is committed to fostering a work environment that's inclusive and welcoming for all people.
Our NPs work in more than 90 positions in a wide range of practice settings, including acute, primary and long-term care, in rural, remote and urban areas. We have many exciting, diverse opportunities to explore.
The Southern Interior region offers a four-season playground with a wide range of recreation and outdoor adventure activities including golfing, camping, canoeing, hiking and biking. Winter offers endless snowshoeing, snowmobiling, and both downhill and cross-country skiing.
We offer benefits including dental, extended medical, pension plans and an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
Within IH, the Nurse Practitioner Program offers these incentives:
- Reimbursement for the Observed Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- Reimbursement for OSCE prep course for out-of-province applicants
- Relocation allowance
- Rural incentives for difficult-to-fill positions
- Flexible full-time equivalents (FTEs)
- Annual education funding of $3,000 per year for full-time employees (prorated)
- An acute care fellowship
- Formalized mentorship for all new employees