CLEARWATER - Clearwater and area residents are advised Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital Emergency Department will go on diversion at 6 p.m. tonight until 7 a.m. tomorrow, due to limited staffing availability.
The emergency department is on diversion from:
- 6 p.m. Friday, July 29 to 7 a.m. Saturday, July 30
Interior Health regrets this temporary change to normal operations and reminds residents to take note of the following if they require care while the emergency department is closed:
- In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
- Call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 (24-hour service) if you are unsure of your need to seek emergency care.
- Visit the emergency department at:
- Royal Inland Hospital – 311 Columbia Street, Kamloops
The emergency department in Clearwater is normally open 24/7.