Creston and area residents are advised the Creston Valley Hospital emergency department will be on diversion tonight, due to limited staff availability.
The emergency department is on diversion:
- 6 p.m. Friday, August 5 until 7 a.m. Saturday, August 6
Interior Health regrets this temporary change to normal operations and reminds residents to take note of the following if they require care while the emergency department is closed:
- In the event of an emergency, call 911.
- Visit the emergency department at:
- East Kootenay Regional Hospital – 12 24 Ave N, Cranbrook
- Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital – 1200 Hospital Bench, Trail
- Kootenay Lake Hospital – 3 View St, Nelson
- Call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 (24-hour service) if you are unsure of your need to seek emergency care
The emergency department in Creston is normally open 24/7.