The Women’s Services Clinic provides surgical abortion services in a supportive, non-judgmental and confidential setting. We provide surgical abortions up to 13 weeks and 6 days from your last menstrual period. We use conscious (awake) sedation and local anesthesia for managing pain. Your clinic visit may take up to four hours. The Women’s Service Clinic does not provide medical abortions.
- Abortion ends a pregnancy
- Abortions are free with current Medical Service Plan coverage
- Aspiration (surgical) abortion is typically performed up to 13 weeks and 6 days and available up to 24 weeks 6 days at some locations
- Medication (medical) abortion is available up to 9 weeks and can be arranged through a Skype or FaceTime appointment from the Willow Women’s Clinic.
- For more information go to willowclinic.ca or call 1-604-709-5611
Information, resources and referrals, including counselling can be found:
- Kelowna General Hospital Women’s Services Clinic 250-980-1399, Monday-Thursday
- BC Women’s Hospital and Health Centre
- Everywoman’s Health Centre
- Pregnancy Options Service Line 1-888-875-3163
- For more information, including where to access services in your area, please visit Options for Sexual Health, or phone the Sex Sense Line: 1-800-739-7367
Locations that offer this service:
- Women's Services Clinic, Kelowna General Hospital, Kelowna - 250-980-1399
- East Kootenay Women's Clinic, Cranbrook - 250-919-8154
- West Kootenay Family Planning Services, Nelson - 250-505-3885
- Alternative locations may be available in Interior health see additional resources
Alternative locations may be available in Interior Health, please review the additional support resources below to learn more.
- Pregnancy Options Line: 1-888-875-3163 throughout B.C. or 604-875-3163 from the Lower Mainland. This service provides information, resources and referral for all abortion services, including counselling. These services are available to B.C. residents
- Sex Sense Line: 1-800-SEX-SENSE (1-800-739-7367) throughout B.C. or 604-731-7803 from the Lower Mainland or www.sexsense.org. This service offers general sexual and reproductive health information. They also provide referral to resources throughout B.C. and may know of abortion providers near you as they maintain a list of local providers in over 35 communities in BC and Yukon
- Options for Sexual Health