Cannabis policy & resources
As of Oct. 17, 2018, the use of non-medical cannabis (marijuana) in Canada is legal for adults. In B.C., the legal age for use and possession is 19 and older, as per the provincial Cannabis Control and Licensing Act – Bill 30.
We are focused on:
- Protecting public health and ensuring the safety of our patients and clients.
- Taking care of our staff, physicians, and volunteers by updating policies and procedures to address the impacts of legalization.
- Partnering with provincial and federal governments to:
- Help people, including health-care providers and community leaders, understand the risks of using non-medical cannabis
- Minimize harms associated with its use