Personal Health Record​​
Decrease FontIncrease FontPrintPrint

Requesting your personal health record

Health records include clinical and medical records, immunization records, lab results, CT scans, and more. Any individual or their legally authorized representative can request a copy of or access to their personal health record.

We recommend using the Interior Health official Request for Access to Personal Health Records form to make a request. Please contact the facility or program where you received your care / treatment, using our Find a Location search, and ask for a fax number or email address for submitting your completed form.

Please read the Instructions for How to Submit a Request for Access to Personal Health Records​ prior to completing your Request for Access to Personal Health Records form.  The detailed instructions provide guidance ensuring submitted requests are complete with valid authorization and supporting documentation in order to facilitate a timely response.   

The BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act allows up to 30 business days to provide the requested records.

If you believe there is incorrect information in your personal health record, you can contact the facility program where you received care, using our Find a Location search, and they will work with you to address your concerns.

Is there a cost?

Generally, no fees are assessed for a copy of a personal health record, but you may be charged for special processing of your request (i.e., courier fees, special delivery, or other special processing services).

What if I'm not satisfied?

If after receiving a response to your request for information you are not satisfied with the response, you can file a complaint with Interior Health by submitting a complaint form


MoH     PCQO