Clearwater and area residents are advised Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital Emergency Department will go on diversion for five nights, starting at 6 p.m. tonight, due to limited staffing availability. The emergency department will be open during the day.
- The emergency department is on diversion overnight from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. on Aug. 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
- The ED is open during those days from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will return to 24-hour service at 7 a.m. Monday, Aug. 8.
Interior Health regrets this temporary change to normal operations and reminds residents to take note of the following if they require care while the emergency department is closed:
- In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
- Call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 (24-hour service) if you are unsure of your need to seek emergency care.
- Visit the emergency department at:
- Royal Inland Hospital – 311 Columbia Street, Kamloops
- 100 Mile House District General Hospital – 555 Cedar Avenue South, 100 Mile House
The emergency department in Clearwater is normally open 24/7.