Clearwater and area residents are advised Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital Emergency Department will go on diversion for eight nights, starting at 6 p.m. tonight, due to limited staffing availability. The emergency department will be open during the day.
- The emergency department is on diversion overnight from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. on Aug. 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18.
- The ED is open during those days from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will return to 24-hour service at 7 a.m. Friday, Aug. 19.
During this time, all other inpatient services will continue as normal at Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital.
Interior Health regrets this temporary change to normal operations and reminds residents to take note of the following if they require care while the emergency department is closed:
- In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
- Call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 (24-hour service) if you are unsure of your need to seek emergency care.
- Visit the emergency department at:
- Royal Inland Hospital – 311 Columbia Street, Kamloops
- 100 Mile House District General Hospital – 555 Cedar Avenue South, 100 Mile House
The emergency department in Clearwater is normally open 24/7.