More and more, people are addressing their health-care needs virtually. But what if you have trouble with the virtual care options themselves?
The Interior Health (IH) Digital Health Support Desk helps people, caregivers and their families use and navigate IH virtual and digital tools to better manage their health care. IH launched the Digital Health Support Desk in spring 2022 to streamline the support process for patients and their families.
The Digital Health Support Desk team is available a t 1-844-870-4756, seven days a week. Here’s an overview of the support services offered:
- MyHealthPortal is an online platform that provides patients with secure 24-7 access to personal health information from a computer, tablet or smartphone. The Digital Health Support team can help with password/login ID resets, enrolments, proxy requests and more.
Online lab booking
- The Digital Health Support team can help with booking or rescheduling an outpatient lab appointment or blood test and general account maintenance.
COVID-19 PCR test appointment bookings
- As of Sept. 26, COVID-19 PCR testing appointment bookings are also supported if you need to book an appointment for a PCR test. An important thing to note is that eligibility for a PCR test is assessed using the COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool prior to booking.
- The PCR test is an accurate and reliable test for diagnosing COVID-19 and takes place at various sites in IH. You can make an appointment by calling the Digital Health Support Desk.
Zoom virtual visits
- Do you have virtual visits with your care provider? The Digital Health Support team can help you download the Zoom videoconferencing app, set up a test Zoom visit, or help troubleshoot any other Zoom technical issues you may be having.
The Digital Health Support Desk is available seven days a week at 1-844-870-4756. Be sure to have your care card or BC Services card handy.
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. PST
- Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. PST
- Statutory holidays: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. PST
At any time, you can email DHSupportDesk@interiorhealth.ca with your support questions or submit via an online form. These requests are typically responded to within 24 business hours. Or, if you need help navigating to the right information on the IH website, the Digital Health Support Assistant chatbot can help point you in the right direction.