About Kamloops Urgent Primary Care and Learning Centre
The Kamloops Urgent Primary Care and Learning Centre sees patients who might normally go to a family doctor or nurse practitioner for their ailment, if an appointment had been available. Patients will be seen by a physician, physiotherapist, a nurse, a social worker or other clinician, depending on the nature of their injury or illness.
Service is for patients who require medical attention within 12-24 hours, but are not an emergency. The team provides care for less serious injuries such as lacerations, wounds, skin conditions, infections, minor childhood illness/injury and women’s health.
Access the Urgent Primary Care Centre by:
- Direct phone line in the emergency department wait room
- Emergency department triage nurse
- Family physician or nurse practitioner clinics
- Self-referral by calling 250-314-2256
- All visits are scheduled by telephone appointment only. No walk-ins please.