Types of abortion
- Aspiration (surgical) abortion is typically performed up to 13 weeks and six days from the first day of your last menstrual period and available up to 24 weeks 6 days gestational age at some locations in B.C.
- Medication (medical) abortion is available up to 10 weeks gestational age at some locations in B.C.
- View a comparison of these types of abortions
- For more support choosing the type of abortion that is right for you, contact the resources listed in the "Information" section below
IH locations offering these services
- Kelowna General Hospital Women’s Services Clinic – 250-980-1399
- Kootenay Lake Hospital – West Kootenay Family Planning Services – 250-505-3885
- East Kootenay Regional Hospital – East Kootenay Women’s Clinic – 250-919-8154
- Outreach Urban Health Centre – Kelowna – 250-868-2230
- East Kootenay Women's Clinic – Cranbrook - 250-919-8154
- West Kootenay Family Planning Services - Nelson - 250-505-3885
- Salmon Arm Abortion Services - Salmon Arm – 250-804-1666
- STEPs – Kamloops – 778-765-3218
Other locations providing abortion services may be available in Interior Health. For more information, including where to access services in your area, please visit Options for Sexual Health, or phone the Sex Sense Line: 1-800-739-7367.
Other BC Locations offering these services
- Pregnancy Options Line: 1-888-875-3163 throughout B.C. or 604-875-3163 from the Lower Mainland. This service provides information, resources and referral for all abortion services, including counselling. These services are available to B.C. residents
- Sex Sense Line: 1-800-SEX-SENSE (1-800-739-7367) throughout B.C. or 604-731-7803 from the Lower Mainland or www.sexsense.org. This service offers general sexual and reproductive health information. They also provide referral to resources throughout B.C. and may know of abortion providers near you as they maintain a list of local providers in over 35 communities in BC and Yukon
- Options for Sexual Health