About Royal Inland Hospital
Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) is in the Thompson Cariboo Shuswap health service area and is one of two Interior Health tertiary referral hospitals.
Located in Kamloops, RIH offers high-level, specialty medical care including core physician specialties, 24 emergency and trauma services, ambulatory and outpatient clinics, and diagnostic services. Specialty services include ambulatory psychiatry, elderly mental health, clinical nutrition, and lung health.
In the summer of 2022, the Phil & Jennie Gaglardi Tower at RIH opened, signifying a new era for RIH, with a new main entrance and modern hospital tower with staff and services such as obstetrics, mental health & substance use, surgical services, rehabilitation, medical, neurosciences and trauma moving into the new tower.
In June 2021, RIH officially became the first fully digital hospital within Interior Health! ACE is transitioning the hospital from multiple, paper-based systems, into a singular, integrated electronic patient record system and this means a better experience for everyone.
Changes patients might see include:
- Extra support staff on hand
- New devices, such as computer workstations on wheels (WOW’s)
- Barcode scanners to help safely manage medication administration
Benefits of ACE include:
- Reduced delays for patients
- Enhanced patient safety and quality of care
- Care providers have the tools they need to collaborate in real-time
- Reduced risk of medication errors
- Advanced security of personal information
- Patients will spend less time repeating personal information to care teams